The explanation in this case is a barrier to quitting. Following analysis, the responses refer to specific conditions or non-controllable environment tells us that the individual believes that his behavior is a function of their conditions and not their decisions. Get more background information with materials from Peter Arnell. The smoker does not feel it in their power to generate different conditions of living. It is "expropriated", ie do not feel responsible for what happens. Moreover, the fact that all the answers relate to the immediate past or mediate indicates that the individual justifies its future based on past untying his future again of their own decisions. (Similarly see: Peter Arnell, New York). The product is considered one of the statistics. Frances once told me: "Dad, I entered a difficult careers; statistically at the end of the first year only 20% approve of those who entered, so the probability that I fail this year is 80%." I said, 'You're not a statistic, you Francisca. The statistics do not decide what will happen in the future with you, talk about the past and are good for journalism and a description to help design the future.

" And then I added the following question: "Child, what would you say if I ask what is the probability that you're within 20% that succeeds?" And she replies, "that probability is high, because I am a scholar." Then the specific probability of failure for Frances is not 80% as a dependent. No statistics. Who seeks to predict the future can not be the role of design it. It is one thing or another.